[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: unite/ NOT BS/Response

  • From: acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (showgsd-l)
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 02:27:08 +0000

------------- Original message --------------
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 2/8/2007 2:57:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

 I don't think any of us "picked" or try to "ferret out the "no" votes. I
know that I personally take offense with your "ferretting" term, it has some
very negative connotations.
" Oh but we did. We had members guessing, posting their guesses ..."
Kathy: Wrong! We didn't have "MEMBERS" guessing, posting their guesses"...
Only ONE member posted guesses and she was soundly critizied by list members
for doing so and she was put off the list.
"and then when board members got home, some sought to defend themselves and
"corrected" the guessing.
Kathy: The "NO" voters who responded to the list inquires did not need to
"defend" themselves. They gave us their explanations for why they voted no and
did not waiver in the faceof intimidation. They voted their convictions and
stood by their votes. They showed respect for the members who voiced their
dissent to the board through e-mails, petitions and personal protests.
"That's how the "no" list got complied. I called it "picking" and
ferreting", you can call it what you will,...
Wrong again! That's not how the "no" list was compiled. The "no" list was
compiled by listers ,who heard from the board members who voted "no" and
recorded the names. The respect they earned by coming forwarded will
undoubtedly be rewarded.

The list of "Yes'ers" was also not compiled by "picking" and
"ferretting"either. It was
compiled by individual list members who used the often maligned and in some
cases seldom used- LOGIC OF DEDUCTIVE REASONING. It's often called "picking" or
"ferretting" or some other cliche! But, thanks for giving me permission "to
call it what I will".
" but it defeated the purpose of the closed session."
Kathy: Here you have me! I haven't the slightest idea why a closed session was
called. Lew's post stated that all members of the board were informed of the
Hunte application vote 3 months prior to the meeting. Perhaps,you will share
with us you  "the purpose of the closed session?" And, why it is defeated?
Transparency is a
good thing and, so the same for a "sunshine" amendment.
" We've heard from one "yes" (Paul) ...
My goodness Kathy: Wrong again! The first board member to advise the list of
her
"Yes" vote was Dania. She gave us the reasons for the vote in an explanation
that was fesible from her point of view. She addressed the members of the list
in a timely manner and has won a hell of alot of respect for doing so. I voted
for her in the last election and will campaign and vote for Dania again, if she
chooses to run again!
I can't respond to the rest of your post, because all it means is the status
quo."Wait until you here from me!" Well, I voted for almost every member of
this board. Those "yes'ers" who are not responding with an explantion of their
vote are just fueling the fires. Do any "Yes'ers"really think that our new
member (Hunte) will sue you for explaining to the general membership the reason
for your vote. How the hell could he prove damages, especially since you voted
for him AND you are exercising your sworn duty to the membership.

Anyway, Kathy I'm glad we're in the same regional club, so we can discuss this
in
person at our next Delaware Valley German Shepherd Dog Club show April 8th.
Maybe it will be resolved by then.
Stay well.

Tony Correia
Somerset German Shepherds