[ SHOWGSD-L ] truth or rumor ?

  • From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (the list)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:02:16 +0000

I received a disturbing phone call about a fellow person in our sport who is
facing hardship.  The claim is that this person is or has been in prison and
needs financial assistance for false charges.
A good number of handlers have been called, along with exhibitors.  A good
number of people out of goodness have sent money.  I learned that the story may
not be truthful- on the other hand certainly we want to support anyone who
needs help if the information is factual.

I gave the parties my toll free fax and asked for verification of the hardship
and situation.  I requested that this be sent immediately. I was told it would
be sent "right away" and then I was hung up on.  As of now, I have not received
any verification.

Again, if the situation is true- I will certainly let the list know that the
hardship appears truthful.
I will apologize to all should my information be incorrect- but at this time
you may want to hold off on sending money.  If it is factual, I will collect to
help.
Regards to everyone:
Linda Bankhead