[ SHOWGSD-L ] this is gonna get me in trouble

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:05:52 -0600

Steve Grainger
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

Let me clarify something about my original response to this thread...this is in
fact an AKC show List....the merits of incorporating import lines with American
lines by those who are knowledgeable about the breed..and have proven their
knowledge of the breed by their breeding record have merit..agree or
disagree..their opinions have merit....this is the kind of dialogue I am
talking about..not knee jerk opinions made by those who haven't either had time
to gain experience and knowledge of the breed..or have had time..and still
can't get it right. to incorporate import lines without being judicious is
reckless...To me, being judicious means breeding only the best American bitches
to import dogs or vise versa keeping only the best progeny that reflect the
desired improvements...and being willing to scrap the whole endeavor if it does
not meet desired results. Discussing the successes and failures of those
breeding on the show List has educational value....to not discuss them...
 whether you agree or not..is narrow minded. Even though I may not personally
agree with this breeding philosophy...but I do agree to allow myself to be
educated..and I agree to continue to allow myself to learn more. I am also open
to changing my mind with proof from knowledgeable breeders that his type of
breeding can be in fact successful..Now to those who have criticized my
position...I ask..how is learning and education not relevant to this List?
C.Grainger