[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the 3rd side to the two-sided story...

  • From: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:39:43 EST

In a message dated 12/16/2007 11:09:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
While I  understand that Donna didn't have the same problems with the rep
that the rest  of us did, perhaps the rep (consciously or unconsciously) gave
her
a break  since, as Donna says, the rep is a friend of hers.  I felt harassed
by  this rep.

I also felt harassed by this rep.  She was unreasonable.  Ask  Mary Ellen
Kish.  I have never heard her complain about any judge or  rep.   I don't think
you will get the same kind of response from Mary  Ellen that Donna gave.

The person who got thrown out deserved to be thrown out.  He was out  of
control.  To call him rude would be a very kind description.   Unfortunately
the
actions of a few caused problems for all of us.  But in  fact the Rep was on us
long before she got on his case.  It is nice for  Donna to present the other
side of the coin and I agree that I saw no one get  hit, pulled or otherwise
manhandled.  However she did put her hands on  folks and employed harassing
tactics such as having two stewards surround anyone  she saw attempting to get
the attention of their dog while in the ring.   There is no excuse, to my way
of
thinking,  for the vehemence with  which she saw fit to carry out her job.

I congratulate Donna on her knowledge of the all breed environment and her
ability to double discreetly without getting into trouble.  She and Leslie  did
very well with their clients dogs at these shows.  For someone like me  who
seldom goes to an all breed show, this was the worse treatment of exhibitors  I
have seen in over 30 years of showing.
John V