[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: talking about majors

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, dir@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 02:32:09 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/2006 8:49:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It's  amazing that people will work so hard to build a major for someone
they  know nothing about.

Boy you hit the nail on the head there. We get calls all the time to build  a
major for John So and so....and someone that is NOT a GSD person...but then
when we get great judges, that ARE GSD people as what happened with the
supposed  "supported " entry of Santa Ana by Orange Coast GSDC .....where were
they???? I  saw OC members with dogs on site but not entered.  I saw other
people
that  enter majors on site, WITH dogs, but NOT entered.  I had to wonder about
people we know that "pimp" for majors under judges that we know nothing
of...but  then get a KNOWLEDGEBLE, EXPERIENCED GSD PERSON AS A JUDGE????
I am very disappointed in the local cadre, for the NON support of the
"supported" entry.  These are some of the same people that will complain  that
"we
can't get good judges"

But Santa Ana was a lovely show, with two TERRIFIC JUDGES and great dogs  and
exhibitors....for those that didn't bother to support it, too bad, you
missed out on a great time and a nice venue. And in the lack of support, just
helped to make it MORE difficult to get GSD people out here to judge...nice
going. grrrrrrrrrrr
Kathy Tank

_www.Victory_ (http:www.Victory) germanshepherds.com

We are what we repeatedly  do, Excellence then, is not an act, but a
habit.-Aristotle
Victory...There's Something in a  Name