[ SHOWGSD-L ] story about my girl Souchi

  • From: "Margaret" <winstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <CanadianGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:08:17 -0700

Hi list,
Thought I would send you a little story about my girl Souchi, Can.Ch Beaufort's
Wyn'N'Karma.
I also have Cavaliers and on Sun one of my bitches whelped her first litter,
she was 5 days early, she carried 7 puppies, which is a fairly large litter for
Cavaliers.
Her first pup was quite large and she had a difficult time with it, he took a
long time getting going, I worked on him for about 20 minutes before he took a
gasp so he was quite wheezy. He seemed to improve overnight but we lost him on
Mon afternoon.
My husband wrapped him in a towel to take out and bury with the other we lost,
last puppy, very small and never took a breath.
When he went out to bury him, he was gone, thinking an animal had taken him he
went looking, at the same time I had let Souchi and her daughter out for a run.
Souchi went straight to the wood shed, dug a bit and brought the puppy out, she
brought him right to Jim and laid him in the grass.
I think that is an incredible thing for a dog to do.
This is a little longer than I meant it to be but it brings tears to my eyes
and makes me look more closely at my connection with my dogs.
Thanks for listening
Margaret