[ SHOWGSD-L ] some simple thoughts from a simple mind

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:56:06 EST

In a message dated 12/20/08 6:56:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, Kmgraphic2
writes:
good  answer, evan - this thread is getting a little offensive - no matter on
which  side of the politic fence one stands.

I don't find it offensive at all. We had a list of how many (pick your
breed) it would take to change a light bulb. It was a joke to show the general
perception of our many breeds, and was interesting to see what people thought
of
dogs in general.

This idea of equating our politicians to the traits of our different breeds
has been interesting, not just because there are so many breeds we haven't
used,  but also to see what we think of people we have never met, but seem to
know so  well through the public media.  Then, you couple that with gross
generalization of the personalities of the AKC breeds, and it has been a  hoot.

In truth we have equally insulted a number of breed, and a number of
politicians.  When someone runs for public office, one of the obligations  is
accept public criticism and adoration. I see nothing wrong with expressing  our
opinions as to those individuals.

The reason I first brought up the subject, (as a joke) was due to the fact
that in the last month, two people have told me I am starting to look like a
German shepherd. I don't know if it was a compliment or an insult. I am still
thinking about it, (which is clearly a trait of the German shepherd).

Because of the advowed purpose of this List, I guess the final question  is;
Who in our elected officials most tipifies the German shepherd?   If it were
a Ben son, I would think Bobbie Kennedy. If it were an Army son,  probably
FDR.  From Uzi, I would go for Gandi, and from Lance, (all of the  above).  The
German shepherd?  I guess I do have to go with JFK, but  that is a generational
adoration thing.

Only we who have reached full maturity, (420 years old, in dog years)  can
understand.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/