  • From: alfredo pumariega <pumagsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:16:53 -0800 (PST)

You sound like an expert.........I best learn and listen when you speak! LOL
All kinding aside, you did a great job again in promoting our shows in Miami. A
job very well done. Speaking in behalf of all members of the Greater Miami GSDC
we sincerely appreciate your efforts very much. Thank you very much.

Al Pumariega
Miami, FL.

    #1:    From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Why don't we know???
    #2:    From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Hunte situation
    #3:    From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Why don't we know???
    #4:    From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    #5:    From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Hunte vote
    #6:    From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    #7:    From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Hunte vote/not lame
    #8:    From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: when I joined the GSDCA

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:37:17 -0500
From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>

>We
> >won't know who voted which way until the minutes get out, except
Lew,of
> >course,who as President,can't vote. But Hunte and his PR man were at
the
> >meeting,and of course Carmen supports Hunte,so some persuasion was
going on.

This information is important enough to the membership that is should be
available in the Board O Gram.  The minutes don't come out until months
after a meeting.  I gotta think that not reporting votes in the BOG is a
protective strategy of the board as controversy has usually calmed way
down by the time individual votes are reported to the membership.  In
this day and age of instant communication there is no excuse for having
to wait months to see who voted how...

JMO...

Laurie Pruett

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:39:31 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2007 11:33:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The very  large kennels that produce only on breed, but in very large numbers
worry me,  but not nearly as much as a buy and seller of life in such
quantities that it  requires an 18 wheeler to transport those lives that weigh
on
average 10  pounds at the time of shipment.  These are not horses, they are
puppy
dogs.
sheila

So it is the QUANTITY that bothers you, and the species?  Nevermind  that
some of the most deplorable conditions I have ever seen, some of the  sickest
dogs I have ever seen, overrun with parasites, come from some of our  "show"
breeders. Because they do it in smaller numbers makes them LESS  culpable
somehow????  No sorry, don't buy it   .  And as for  horses, they are supremely
fragile animals digestively, orthopedically  and respiratorily, so the
comparison of
"not horses" has no merit.

Kathy

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
~ WEBSITE UPDATED: JAN 27  2007

Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E  DNA'D "NITRO"
26 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO  DATE 2006 PACIFIC COAST VICTOR

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:42:21 -0800 (PST)
From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>

Could you please repeat yourself?  We the members need to know who voted for
and against.  It will affect our vote for the next board.  And it would be nice
to know who did not vote at all and why, and what they would have done if they
had voted.

  We need to be sure that there is some sort of control over who can join.
Yes, we need to be just a little elite.  Otherwise we are just a group of
people who all have GSD's.  Membership needs to be for those who have the
interst of the breed in mind and will be specifically making an effort to
pursuade the public to consider a breeder who actually knows the dogs, the
bloodlines and raises pups for sale with families in mind, not profit.
  sheila
Laurie Pruett <pruett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >We
> >won't know who voted which way until the minutes get out, except
Lew,of
> >course,who as President,can't vote. But Hunte and his PR man were at
the
> >meeting,and of course Carmen supports Hunte,so some persuasion was
going on.

This information is important enough to the membership that is should be
available in the Board O Gram. The minutes don't come out until months
after a meeting. I gotta think that not reporting votes in the BOG is a
protective strategy of the board as controversy has usually calmed way
down by the time individual votes are reported to the membership. In
this day and age of instant communication there is no excuse for having
to wait months to see who voted how...

JMO...

Laurie Pruett

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

---------------------------------
Get your own web address.

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:42:57 -0800

Well said post Kathy.

I also do not like what this guy does and how he does it.  The Board vote
tells a story -- and until we know how each one voted, and ask them why --
we don't know the "whole" story.

What we do know is this:

1) Someone sold the man a GSD.
2) Someone showed this man's GSD to its championship.

Why hasn't there been a public outcry, castigation and shunning of the
people who made what appears on the outside as a thoughtless sale?

There are other questions to this whole thing that no one seems to ask, they
just rail on and on about how bad the guy is:

1) Maybe the sale had conditions that we don't know about?:
2) Was the dog sold on a "non-breeding" contract?  If this happened, and the
guy just wanted a champion that he has no intention of breeding -- would
this change your mind about his membership to the club?
3) Who suggested that this man become a member of the club?  Maybe they
believe they can change his thinking and therefore change the way he does
business?
4) Who backed him and do they have a legitimate reason? See number 3.
5) Is it possible that the man himself wants to change the way he does
business, and is seeking the assistance of people who may be able to help
him with that.

MAYBE I LIVE IN A DREAMLAND -- I don't know.  Instead of blaming the Board
for voting 9-8, who I believe had their hands tied by previous Board's lack
of thought and thorough administration; we need to see where can we go from
here?  It is for certain that if you leave the membership, you'll never be
able to make any changes within the club.

It is also for certain the man is now a member with 1 vote.  Maybe by being
apart of our membership, there will be the chance that he can be educated
away from the way he does things.  Who knows, it could happen.

Kathaleen

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:43:36 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2007 11:24:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
But the  majority did vote for him, a narrow margine to be sure, but it went
the wrong  way.  Now if I can know who voted which way, when elections come
up, I  will not vote for anyone who voted for Hunte's  membership.

This is the sensible way to go.  Syd

SYD  MAILBERG
23910 SE 276TH ST
MAPLE VALLEY, WA  98038

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:44:37 -0800

Send this post to:

board@xxxxxxxxx

> >won't know who voted which way until the minutes get out, except
Lew,of
> >course,who as President,can't vote. But Hunte and his PR man were at
the
> >meeting,and of course Carmen supports Hunte,so some persuasion was
going on.

This information is important enough to the membership that is should be
available in the Board O Gram.  The minutes don't come out until months
after a meeting.  I gotta think that not reporting votes in the BOG is a
protective strategy of the board as controversy has usually calmed way
down by the time individual votes are reported to the membership.  In
this day and age of instant communication there is no excuse for having
to wait months to see who voted how...

JMO...

Laurie Pruett

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:45:16 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2007 2:05:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Some of  you act as though the Board ALL supported Hunte.  The count was
9/8,  folks. That should tell us something.  Not a popular person, even
with Board members. Doris E

Not only who, but why.  I suspect (as do others) that there was the  real
fear of a law suit, and before you say "no" Cindy, re-read the on line
bylaws/member application and show me just where the board had a leg to stand
on.  You
can't.  "Lame excuse" Peggy?  I don't think so.  It  costs $$$$ to defend
either way.

I know members on this board who were advised to go out and get D & O
insurance (Directors and Officers insurance for those that aren't aware.   It
protects...or should protect...an individual from being personally sued  for
the
decisions they made while as a board member or director.....not  inexpensive
either.)

So now, not only does our board volunteer, but they are supposed to  buy
insurance to protect themselves OR put everything they worked hard for at
risk?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????

I'm still in the same place I was 2000 posts ago.  If you feel  strongly
about membership requirements/restrictions, work to change  the  bylaws.
Anything
else is wasted energy.

Renew, don't renew, breed a litter, don't breed a litter, spend money in KY
or not, I don't care. There are just so many more important things to worry
about!

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:47:40 -0800 (PST)
From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>

I can't remember the year, probably 2002 or 03.  But I do know I needed no
support to join.  Even my regional club requires that we have 2 members support
a prospective member.  I could have gotten such support from 5 people for me to
join the GSDCA.  My regional club members know how much I care about my dogs,
and this breed.  They see it in my actions across the board.

  I would rather have to jump through a few hoops to join and know that the
hoops would block anyone such as Hunte, than to be lumped into a catagory with
him.

  Again, large volume breeders of any one breed do worry me.  But some of our
large volume breeders do care and do know each pup until it is sold.  They may
have more litters a year than I would be happy with, but I see dogs from
several large breeders here in S Fla.  And all are well raised dogs when they
arrive.  They are all healthy, they may have been bought younger than I would
like, for show, but that is the buyer's business.  If I want to be sure to get
a champion quality dog, I need to buy one that is already finished.  If I want
to gamble with a 12 week old pup, I take my chances and deal with the quality I
get.

  sheila

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people
who know.

End of showgsd-l Digest V4 #340

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.