  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:19:56 -0400

Actually. I just did and none of us qualify. The main requirement is that you
are breeding to sell to brokers and pet stores.  That is their
responsibility.  Breeding animals to sell pups to the END buyer is not their
domain.  As for inspection requirements, and this may have changed since Jim
set up your kennels. is this.  Animals must have a specific size area based on
the animal's size.  The runs must be clean and consist of food, water and
shelter from extreme environments.  Animals used for breeding must have
health certs but those are very basic.  They don't care about OFA, CERT,
whatever.  They only care that breeding animals don't have any obvious health
problems.  Your records have to be in order as well.  Ok, that sounds pretty
reasonable except for the part that you must be breeding to sell to brokers and
pet stores.  So, I guess that loophole is closed.
Laura Thomas