  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 07:47:04 -0700 (PDT)

My point was that as long as performance people feel there is little of value
in
a magazine for them (the pages and pages of old wins are mentioned repeatedly)
then they will not feel any reason to spend the money. You notice there is
support for the performance issue.

But more important, the magazine needs to be of interest to the German Shepherd
owners - we need more than die-hard exhibitors to make this a functional club
representing the breed. And more articles and candid shots would go a long way
to peak interest. I always show the magazine to puppy buyers - but they
generally will buy one of the commercial magazines as there is more information
in them.

We could be getting people interested in the club and thinking of it as a
source
for information if the magazine was of more interest to them. Most puppies go
pet homes - and most of us started with a pet dog and got hooked. If we want to
continue, we need to get more pet puppy buyers interested in the club. The
Review could be a big help.
Ruth