  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:34:37 EDT

it's obvious that you have never worked in the publishing industry.   it's
equally obvious that this is a silly debate when there is no debate
necessary.  so, i will end it.
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 8/6/2010 8:06:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
culzeans1@xxxxxxx writes:

"i'm having a hard time understanding what is so difficult about the
concept of ads vs. free pages.  do you all understand what it costs do  create
publication?  make it simple - the more paid pages, the more  free pages.
you want more articles, etc., send in more ads.  susan  has NO control over
how many ads are submitted and can only work with what she  gets.  it's not
about "rules and regulations", it's sensible  publishing."

You are making it about money, not me. You want more ads to pay for more
articles. If "free" content is directly related to how many paid ads  you
get, well to me that is about not only what I pay for my membership but  how it
is used. How is the Review paid for?  Sensible publishing is  making the
magazine work for all not paid vs free. Balance is about what works  for all
of us. If you continue to make the performance people feel unequal to
conformation, the Review loses not them.  And it is cost  prohibitive for them
place ads, that is what they are saying, so we need to  listen and adapt.
the "meat" of the Review should be about the whole not just  one venue, if not
it will disappear. I don't care who has control of  what.....the issue is
"is the Review viable for the whole of the membership"  That is not
complicated. You are complicating it by saying if the performance  people don't
send
in more ads, there won't be any articles for them. One  should not have
anything to do with the other is what I am saying.  Our  dogs do much more than
conformation, our magazine, that promotes our  breed, should reflect that,
period.  It should never be free vs paid.  Paid should always come out at the
bottom, educational and informative should  be at the top And our board
should make it so. After all without the  membership there is no need for a
board or a magazine. Now that is a simple  concept.
Pam