  • From: "Sara Wolfe" <wolfebau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:47:20 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: showgsd-l digest users
  Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:54 PM
  Subject: showgsd-l Digest V3 #130

  showgsd-l Digest Thu, 12 Jan 2006 Volume: 03  Issue: 130

  In This Issue:
  #1: From: pumagsd@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: Dallas
  #2: From: pumagsd@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: looking for breeder in Florida
  #3: From: Patricia Evans <patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: GSDC of Dallas
  #4: From: "Ellen Penington" <epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Coat Color Question
  #5: From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: Good place to buy a 700 airline crate ?
  #6: From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  Subject: JUDGE BASHING
  #7: From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: Coat Color Question
  #8: From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: COAT COLORS
  #9: From: "Harlowe Jahelka" <hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Is the List Down ?
  #10: From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: JUDGE BASHING
  #11: From: MC3935@xxxxxxx
  Subject: GSDC of Ft. Lauderdale show
  #12: From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Box of memories.....

  Msg: #1 in digest
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:59:46 -0500
  From: pumagsd@xxxxxxx

  Barbara, after finishing my boy, Ande, I am determined to get a really good
bitch. Please keep me in mind for something really special.........

  Thanks,

  Al

  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:02:04 -0500
  From: pumagsd@xxxxxxx

  Contact Amy Safdir. She has excellent quality and can be trusted completely.
amsaf@xxxxxxx

  Al

  Miami, Fl.

  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:17:01 -0800 (PST)
  From: Patricia Evans <patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx>

  Put me on the list for the revitalization of the Dallas Club.  Thanks -Pat
Evans.  817.308.6571
  ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:  In a message dated 1/11/2006 5:18:20 A.M. Pacific
Standard Time, InquestGSD
  writes:
  I tell you, as I said to Heather before, all this grandstanding on the list
  is not warranted.
  I emailed you privately last nite, but I got no answer from you. You chose
  to answer here on the List.

  I answered the List posts, the private ones I keep private, as they should
  be.

  Heather said she was asking for a list of club members to see if anyone
  wanted to keep the club alive. She told me she couldn't get it from anyone
who
  had it, and didn't know who to contact. I understand she is working now with
  the AKC as she wants the club to continue. We should encourage any club to
  go on, if possible. We have enough of them closing for financial reasons.

  I suggested she post to the List, (for the first time) to find a member who
  might want to save the club.

  I didn't think any other than the responses that went to the List should be
  answered. I did get a couple of private posts from club members who did want
  the club to continue, but if it was voted to close it, then that probably is
  the end of it. I only responded to List posts.

  I know that some times a club has to shut down, this is the first time I
  have heard of it closing by the members. I just found it strange, but perhaps
  with it's hardest working member leaving the country, it does not have the
heart
  to survive.

  The Dallas club has always been a great organization, I hate to see it end.

  I have nothing to do with the Dallas club. I was contacted to find out what
  to do to save it. I understand the club voted to close itself.

  Evan
  _Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
  http://www.asgardgsd.com/
  Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

  POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

  ---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Photos - Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
   Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  From: "Ellen Penington" <epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:21:51 -0700

  I have an 11 month old bitch who appeared to be a bi-color.  When she was
born she was solid black with just the little bit of brown around her butt.  As
she grew the tan came in on her legs and she did get some small cheek marks and
a little bit of tan on her britches, totally black undercoat.  At 7 months old
I registered her as a bi-color.  Now at 11 months old right after her first
season her whole undercoat except on her forward belly and back of neck is
turning light colored.  Her guard hairs are still black.  She almost looks like
a dark black sable, sort of frosted looking, but she is not a sable.  No
banding on the guard hairs and the sire and dam are both black and tans.  Also
no chance the sire could be any dog other than my back and tan.  Has anyone
seen this?  If so, what will happen as she matures out further?
  Thanks for any info.

  Ellen Penington
  El Dorado German Shepherds
  www.eldoradogsd.com
  epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #5 in digest
  From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:23:02 EST

  In a message dated 1/12/2006 12:14:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
  tykemail@xxxxxxxxx writes:
  couldn't  find an airline that could take a 700 crate in their cargo holds.

  Yes that is a problem, I believe the Boeing aircraft can take them.  I  am
  mostly concerned about use in the house and van.
  Kathy

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:25:52 EST

  Show results at Onofrio are public knowledge. I looked at the results for
  the Nolan River show on Sunday. I noticed that the person bashing the Judge
  publicly on the List had one dog entered. It was a 12-18 bitch. She was
marked
  ABSENT. I also noticed that several entered dogs were absent, all with the
  same agent listed. Hmmm..could this have been because a handler made a
decision
  to pull his entries in protest? sure looks that way. IMO, you can't win if
you
   don't show, and if you don't show....how can you complain?   Marcia  Hadley

  http://members.aol.com/Gsdman2/Mikey.html

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:27:20 EST

  Ellen writes:Now at 11 months old right after her first season her whole
  undercoat except on her forward belly and back of neck is turning light
colored.

  Correct me if I am wrong, isn't the undercoat in a Bi Color always  light?  I
  know in a true genetic black it is black.
  Kathy

  WEBSITE UPDATED: Jan 8, 2005
  _http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com_
  (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/)
  VICTORY  GSDs, There Is Something In A Name

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #8 in digest
  From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:36:32 -0500

  WE have samples of all coat colors on the showgsd website

  http://showgsd.org/coat.html

  All my litters are born solid black.  I check under their butt's for the r=
  ed mark and then know that
  they are blackand red/tan.

  I was under the impression that bi was just a varient of black and red, an=
  d not a color used in
  the AKC registration.

  Dr Zo=EB M Backman
  http://wynsumgsd.com
  Support Your Vets and POW/MIAs

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #9 in digest
  From: "Harlowe Jahelka" <hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:45:41 -0600

  Hi All,
  No posts from the list all day!!!!!!!!! that has never happened
before!!!!!!!!!

  Harlowe Jahelka
  Belleterre GSDs and Brussels Griffons
  Monterey, TN

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #10 in digest
  From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:46:05 EST

  In a message dated 1/12/2006 5:26:24 PM Central Standard Time,
  Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx writes:
  I  noticed that the person bashing the Judge
  publicly on the List had  one dog entered. It was a 12-18 bitch. She was
  marked
  ABSENT. I also  noticed that several entered dogs were absent, all with the
  same  agent listed. Hmmm..could this have been because a handler made a
  decision
  to pull his entries in protest? sure looks that way. IMO,  you can't win if
  you
  don't show, and if you don't show....how can you  complain?   Marcia  Hadley

  In defense of Carolyn, she had no part in wanting her bitch pulled.   The
  handler was upset at the judging in males.  I though the male he put up  was
  pretty nice.   So did Carolyn (And I went 3rd to him)
  Carol Moore

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #11 in digest
  From: MC3935@xxxxxxx
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:47:01 EST

  I just checked the entry breakdown for the Ft. Lauderdale GSDC.  This shows
  have always been majors
  Sat Jan 28th 4 dogs/ 2 bitches
  Sun. Jan 29th 4 dogs/ 2 bitches
  No Specials.
  Manny Campo

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #12 in digest
  Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:53:31 -0500
  From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>

  Well the weather men said it was suppose to get nice out, and I waited
  and waited and then finally today, they got it right.   I've been
  wanting to go to my storage and rummage through some old boxes looking
  for some things.  I didn't even know where to begin.  There's so many
  boxes in there.  I wanted to look for a bag of syringes I have for when
  I breed my Amber in a few weeks.  I knew I had them in there.  I saved
  them.  Thank goodness, so I'll have them for her puppies shots.  Also I
  was looking for old Reviews that I had saved.  I only saved the ones
  that I advertised in.  Couldn't take them all.  Wow, looking at all
  those ads from the 80's, (and so far, I've only had time to look at my
  ads), I did a tremendous amount of advertising.  Most of them were 2, 3,
  and 4 pages long.  These old Reviews were done so well.  There's a great
  article on the Fords in one of them that I can't wait to read.  One of
  the Reviews was 300 plus pages!  I can't wait to look at all the other
  ads as well.

  I was such a very fortunate person and still consider myself to be so.
  I don't mean in the wealth department as one would expect wealth to
  mean.  I mean I was surrounded by a wealth of magnificent people.  With
  this box of old Reviews, I also had some dog albums of some of my first
  litters.  My very first litter was from a bitch that Marge Dolan was
  kind enough to lease to a very novice person..... me, (maybe she was a
  Reno dtr.) and I bred her to Ch. Doppelt Tay's Steel Curtain.  I bred to
  three of Lorraine Cliffords dogs.  Hawkeye and Hammer were the other
  two.  Never did get anything from Hawkeye though.  The bitch missed.
  But the "WOW" part of this, when I looked in my album................I
  have pictures of Lorraine setting up Steel Curtain and Hammer out on her
  front lawn and on her street in front of her house.  She was such a fun
  and knowledgeable lady.   I have pictures of LaMar setting up Steel
  Curtain, and Charlie for me.  LaMar was the ever showman!  None of these
  were show pictures.  Just candid shots.  What great memories!

  It broke my heart to read the long letter that someone wrote the other
  day saying how hurt she was about having a well known breeder who she
  was or did get a puppy from (I can't remember which) have her totally
  snub her at the National.  I had some of the best breeders in the
  business help me get started and they were better known than this person
  is and they NEVER treated me this way.  I started out with Capt.
  Goldbecker, Marge Dolan, and Lorraine Clifford.  All fantastically
  helpful and great mentors.  I went on to be good friends with Connie
  Beckhardt who was just about the nicest person in the breed and I can
  never thank the Conroy's enough for selling me Xanadu.  I have used
  every well known handler on the east coast, and never was any of them
  nasty or rude to me.  My very first handler was Jimmy and he was always
  very professional with me.  I worked well with them all, Leslie, LaMar,
  George, Scott, Billy, Henry, Freddie and never had a problem.  None of
  them used filthy language with me or got out of hand.  I guess it all
  goes back to the saying people treat you the way that you allow them to
  treat you.

  Now I've been back in the breed only over a year and am privileged to
  own a bitch from one of Barbara Amidon's breedings.  Nice way to start
  again.  So why are not more people helping the novice who so desperately
  wants to be helped?  I had the best people in the dog game help me.
  What's going on with the top breeders today?.  Certainly, none of them
  are anymore prestigious than those that were kind to me.  Please be kind
  to the future of our breed, so some day when these people pull out their
  old Reviews and their own dog albums that they can look back fondly as I
  did on all those that helped them get where they will some day be too.
  Kindness actually takes less energy than rudeness.  Best,  Barbara Galasso

  End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #130