  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: FAITHFULNANNY4@xxxxxxx, sandy015@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:55:03 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2005 6:04:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
FAITHFULNANNY4@xxxxxxx writes:
The dogs  always had a  good Vet check up
with beautiful coats and normal  stools, but one day, our  female was fence
running and her back broke  into. I questioned the Vet as to why  such a
thing would
happen and  he said that it was due to the dog food lacking in  vitamins and
minerals to keep the bones healthy and strong.

WHAT?  I'd get a new vet!

All kidding aside.  People can feed whatever the heck they want, I  don't
give a hoot.  I know this though.  My grandparents raised  Springers during the
depression and sold them to gentlemen for their hunting  dogs to supplement the
family's meager income.  Those dogs ate what   my (Irish) family ate which
was a lot of potatoes.  The dogs got "potato  water" on day old bread.  No
backs
broke from lack of vitamins.

Not so very long ago, dogs ate leftovers, scraps from the table.  The  worst
kibble today, is a more balanced diet than back then.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_