[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: serious vs very serious faults

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:39:59 -0800

 To quote the GSD standard..."ANY missing teeth OTHER THAN first premolars
is a SERIOUS fault (emphasis was added by me).

 Also taken from the standard:

 Faults of gait, whether from the front, rear or side, are to be considered
= VERY SERIOUS  faults (emphasis added by me).

Paul adds...

Both points are valid...but does one take precedence over the other? I will
let you all opine as I know you will...again.

Yes...we have a Standard and the Standard says something about teeth and
motion...also type, temperament, and disqualifications.

When I go into the ring I don't think about faults. I think about that
picture my mind creates from my own interpretation of that Standard. In my
case it's the dog that moves on the wind with ease and suspension. Of
course...it can't like a whippet or a collie either.

I've never NOT put up a dog because of a tooth fault but I have faulted
them. I have NOT put up a dog for moving poorly and some who moved well but
didn't move well enough to win...If the dog and bitch or Special...or any
combination of the above fulfills my expectations and interpretations of the
Standard...they win under me that day.

The Standard en toto...is many pieces of an intricate puzzle that when they
are there..."are Unmistakable When Present"

Paul