[ SHOWGSD-L ] serious vs very serious faults

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:50:51 -0500

To quote the GSD standard..."ANY missing teeth OTHER THAN first premolars =
is a SERIOUS fault (emphasis was added by me). That should answer your =
question unless you really think a judge wants to go on record as saying =
they would be willing to place an animal with a serious fault.  Although =
there may be some that would do such a thing, I really doubt you are going =
to get anyone to put it in writing. <VBG>
=20
Lanalee Jorgensen

Also taken from the standard:

Faults of gait, whether from the front, rear or side, are to be considered =
VERY SERIOUS  faults (emphasis added by me).

So, an animal that is not clean coming and/or going should be faulted more =
than an animal that has a missing molar.  Many of our breeder judges have =
been very forgiving in this department over the years, at least in my =
experience.  Yet it's a heck of a lot easier to see than a missing molar.

Laurie

Laurie