[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: roadworking

  • From: EJDegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 06:10:33 EDT

I hated the Springer...I felt like the dog was "leaning" against it and I
like the dog where I can SEE them.

I bike the dogs on a flexi (usually) with the dog in FRONT of me (and let
them pull me on the bike!).  With my experienced dogs, I usually bike  on the
dead ring.  When we're on a traffic road, the dog is on my right and  closer to
the bike.  When we're not in traffic, the dog is on the left  and allowed to
go further in front.  Cassie LOVES biking and  getting out there and just
running for the joy of it.  Yankee likes to  do it for a purpose...to GO
somewhere
and play (like the beach when we  lived on Fort Monroe or a parade field to
play ball), but just biking  mindlessly isn't his idea of fun.

I usually start a dog with another trained dog....attaching them  together
with the inexperienced one on the outside and the trained dog next  to the
bike.
 This is one time where I keep the dog near me and don't  allow them to move
out forward.  It's worked well so far, but I do see my  life flash whenever I
start a new dog :-).

Julie  Degen
_www.caissonkennels.com_ (http://www.caissonkennels.com/)
"A well-balanced German Shepherd has a title on both  ends!"