[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: reminder, 2008 dog licenses

  • From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:05:59 -0800 (PST)

Cuyahoga country requires all dogs to be registered according to age and sex
each year. The fee is $16 per dog. They don't ask about rabies shots, but it's
required under the Ohi revised code.  I haven't renewed yet, because I want to
send it in for my new guy on the same form.  Thanks for the reminder.

  Denise W.
ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I buy a kennel license after I am inspected. I have to show proof of rabies
for every dog and pay a flat fee of $60. They comes between April and June
unnannounced. Each county in Michigan has different rules, but all have to be
double fenced. Ann Doris E wrote: *Here in Douglas County, Nevada, we need to
have a Rabies Tag, and
cannot get it until proof of rabies shots is given. This is handled by
the local Animal Control, has a serial number and is a pretty good I.D.
if the dog is lost. Doris E
*

>In a message dated 12/12/2007 11:16:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>gsdramey@xxxxxxx writes:
>Hi, I have owned dogs and lived in three different states and even more
>towns/cities etc. for longer than I wish to admit - BUT - what is a
>"dog license"? I've never had one, unless you're talking about the
>little certifacate paper the Vet gives you when your dog gets a rabies shot.
>

>No, dog licenses are different. Some locations require them; little tag
>etc., and if a dog goes missing and is picked up, they can be identified by
>the
># on the tag. Mine don't wear the tag, because they don't usually wear
>collars, but I'm required to have them licenses none the less. (We also have
>fishing licenses, hunting licenses...)
>
>Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
>Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
>
>visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

Ann Home of Sel # 6 Ch Maxwell, Sel Ex Ch Gilley and #1 Dam Muggles -
owner/breeder of 64 champions and 19 ROMs

http://sabianshepherds.tripod.com
it's only the begining; just wait and see