[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: read it again...Koehler method

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:05:22 EDT

Buried chicken wire?????...my dogs would unravel that like an old  sweater.
 Concrete under a gate worked here, but I honest to God would do  it for a
dog that dug under fence.

Case in point, my sister (who has expensive and well done fence BTW), got a
 call  from the gal who takes care of her horses while she's at work the
other day that the dog was loose.  He let himself out of the house, onto  the
deck and down the steps into his beautifully manicured paddock. So far  so
good, he's allowed.  But then he dug under the fence and was  loose.  First
time.  Now if the gal wasn't there to do the barn  chores, who knows where
he would have been by the time my sister came home from  work????  Or
everybody's worst fear, dead on the road God  forbid!

Now, because it was a first time, I suggested the "seeing eye" trick of
going out and beating on the fence.  Might work.  I'd also fill that  spot
under the fence w/ concrete. Burying wire for a paddock over 1/2 acre is  out.
Electric might be in.

But I'm glad Molly shared the trick because if it means saving this dog's
life I'm willing to put him through a few minutes of hell...and it's BECAUSE
 he's a (spoiled rotten, like mine) house dog  that sleeps on the bed and I
 couldn't stand my sister's hurt if anything happens to this SOB.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 6/16/2009 2:32:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Sooner  or later with buried chicken
fencing they are going to figure out that it  isn't worth it.  Mo

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823265x1201398681/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)