[ SHOWGSD-L ] re Hip and Elbow Certifications reinstated..OVC

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:02:57 EST

I could not copy and paste the message I received from the college,  but am
re typing here for everyone to read............
FM. University of Guelph, Ontario Veterinary College Teaching  Hospital

Dear Ms. Snider,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding the discontinuation of  our hip
certification
program.  We have experienced a large number of emails  expressing concern
about the
termination of our program and we have looked carefully for a  feasible way
to maintain this
service.  While our original intention was to refocus our  resources towards
the important task
of teaching veterinary students and residents, we did not anticipate  the
impact this decision
would have for many dog owners and breeders.

Due to your constructive feedback, a re-evaluation of our resources  and
personnel has
occurred.  The result is a full reinstatement of the hip  certification
program here at OVC
with interruption of any kind.  In order to make this possible,  there is a
fee increase
planned that will be effective February 1, 2008.  The new fee  will be $60.00
per dog (hips and
elbows submitted together, just hips, or just elbows.) This fee  increase
reflects professional
fees, maintenance of the website, mailing, and associated  administrative
tasks.  We are
extremely pleased to continue offering expert hip certification  performed by
a board certified
radiologist for our valued clientele.

We sincerely regret that our actions to date have led to extensive  concern
among breeders
and owners and wish to emphasize our commitment to health and welfare  of
companion
animals.  Your ongoing support is appreciated and we thank you  for your
patronage.

Sincerely
Heather Chalmers, DVM,Dipl  ACVR         Stephanie Nykamp,  DVM, Dipl.ACVR
Assistant Professor,  Radiology                  Assistant Professor,
Radiology

END...........
For those of you that have not written to the college but have every  or will
ever use their services
please e mail them and thank them for the support of breeders in  their
decision.  A little stroking
goes a long ways.

The email to send to is   _mpelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:mpelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Meg Pelton is the executive assistant to the Director of the teaching
hospital

Thank you everyone for your support in writing.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life  member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone  amateur
built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the  Titanic"