[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: question re Colorado

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:49:46 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2005 4:32:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds writes:
Kathy, that's fine well and dandy, but how will that effect the statute  they
have on the books re pit bulls?  For all you know they don't have a  problem
w/ GSDs.  Now, if you're bringing a SAR Pit, that'll be  interesting <VBG>.

Hi Kathy
No, no problem with GSDS...yet. Remember, a large part of CO, TX, MN, the
Dakotas etc are sheep country.  Some imbeciles will still SHOOT a GSD on  sight
that is anywhere near Sheep property.  We are talking about Dangerous  Dog
Legislation, BS Legislation ( and I mean BS) it is a larger picture than the
pit
ban in Denver.  If you can open the eyes of legislators or community  heads,
with one breed then maybe it will help another.  Believe me if I  could find a
SAR pit or Am Staff, I would LOVE to waltz it right up to Denver  City Hall.
    There are MANY misunderstood breeds. GSDs take an  unusual brunt of flak
because the animal control morons and the press  ROUTINELY MISIDENTIFY dogs as
GSDs or mixes of same.  They get the rap for  ANY dog that has erect ears or
GSD markings, whether it is or not.  There  was a pure Malinois in our local
shelter under quarantine for a bad bite.....on  the card it read MALE, GERMAN
SHEPHERD, INTACT.  I raised holy Hell with  the staff, and emailed them a
picture of a damn Malinois....they changed the  card....this happens everyday,
in
every county in the country.  Animal  control needs EDUCATION to I.D the dogs
properly.  The reports just  need a major kick in the a**.
Many people fear large dogs, esp GSDs , Dobies, Rotties, etc, some for good
reason, some for reasons planted in their heads as children.  I want to  show
case our MARVELOUS breed to the Public, whose only interaction with a GSD  may
be this one time...and it may just sway them to become a fan of the  same.
What better way then with the largest show for the GREATEST breed  eve.?
PUBLICITY and LOTS OF IT.
Take care Kathy, have a great Sunday.
Kathy Gray

Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D  "NITRO"
24  BESTS OF BREED TO DATE

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)