[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: puppy with Sibo UPDATE as many asked me to do

  • From: Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 22:30:22 +0000 (UTC)

Natalie.......has your vet actually tested the dog for SIBO or is he guessing.
If he has not there is a separate blood test for SIBO.  There is no reason
that a dog has to die from this if your vet knows what he is doing. You might
not have just found the right combination of medicines for this dog to get
better.  SIBO will never go away but you should be able to keeo it under
control so that the dog can have a long life. Maybe you should join a group
that I am on  K9-EPIGLOBAL@yahoo groups .com and I am sure there is someone
in the group who will be able to suggest different things. Nichole has EPI and
SIBO .  We were lucky.  I did not have to do much with her medicine.
Sometimes it is just a matter of finding the right m edicine for this
particular dog. HTH.
Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James B. Conant