[ SHOWGSD-L ] paying our handlers

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 18:24:34 EDT

I believe we should be paying our handlers prior to or on the day of the
show.  In upstate NY, we have a great handler, Darcey Stuck  Foulkrod (who I
miss terribly now that I live in Atlanta) who required  payment the day of
the show or sometime during a cluster or specialty  weekend.   She didn't
have to bill anyone; we knew what she expected,  and the beauty of it is that
she charged a flat fee and never any extra travel  expenses.  I guess she
figured it was a wash.  I remember one of our  top handlers showing one of my
specials several years back before AOE Storm, and  he required payment before
the National, and the bonus afterwards for going  Select.  I'm in favor of
this too because then no one gets behind in paying  their handlers.  I think
it is a handler's fault if they are not getting  paid by their clients who
end up owing them money for 'carrying them',  especially in this economy.
This is just my opinion.  Cheryl  Olson/Tindrock