[ SHOWGSD-L ] There is nothing wrong, don't try to find a fault if it doesn't exist

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 18:25:49 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/10 8:43:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  strongly disagree with the idea of "Regional Nationals".......that takes
away  the true meaning
and they aren't big enough as it is anyway...to justify  the time and
expense involved in several.
Imagine trying to please people  with locations and sites three or four
times in a year

Before we try to "fix" the national, let's find out what is wrong. Is it
too expensive?  Do we lose money each year? It has to be cheaper to put on  a
national in Utah than Philadelphia, so what if it is smaller?  It still
makes money.  I understand we have never lost money with a national.   It is
the premier show of our club and our breed, it means a great deal to us  all,
to those that go a wonderful chance to get together, and to those that
don't a great chance to look forward to the next year.

This is a perfect example of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."   Let's
make sure that there is an actual problem with the national as it is,  before
we start to change it, for no good reason.  If you don't go, then  wait for
it to come to your area. If you go, thanks for supporting your club.  But,
neither group should change something that has worked for 97 years.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together