[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: painting with a wide brush- I forgot to sign this!

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, Janbraeloch@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 04:57:35 -0500 (EST)

Illeana said "I think we are getting away from the real issue here.  A person
who  has
conned many and currently owns GSD's who are in deplorable conditions, many  of
which most likely will need to be rescued.  Let's focus on finding a  solution
to this problem.  It is not about "us" all the time."

  You're right, the dogs DO need help. ( I know someone trying to reason with
Rachel, it ain't gonna' work ) But maybe something can be  learned from it?

  A HUGE HUGE red flag to anyone involved in a reptuable rescue is
someone/family that comes in with poor personal hygiene....if they tend to
themselves like that, their home is more than likely pitiful also. And, if they
think it is okay for themselves to live like that, of course they feel any dog
( or any other critter they are looking to adopt ) is worth the same or less.

  Ed....if you think some breeders contracts are too tight ass, ( considering
what you have said what you do as a breeder homing pups/adults ) look at a
reputable rescuer's contract....you'd cry like 2 year old girl.

  Colleen Donnelly

InquestGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Jan

I was recently "generalized" and following the advise of my very wise
husband I ignored the ignorant's. Those who knew best knew better. The truth
was
out and all is well that ends well.

I clearly read Christine saying "some". So, I take no offense to her post,
as a lister, as a breeder and as a fancier. Actually, I think she is head
on, there are some very sanctimonious and hypocritical people on this list. I
also find some of this kind of people at church, and at some other
organizations I belong to. Does that stops me from trying to do the right
thing???
No. But I am not blind to my surroundings.

I understand that is hard to admit we associate with this kind of people,
believe me, I was shocked. But it is a reality we better learn to recognize.
Not all dog people are good. Not all GSD people are good. Quite frankly, the
more I know people, the less I like them and the more I like my dogs.

I don't find it embarrassing, I find it appalling. That the trust placed on
this lady, and many like her, finds these wonderful dogs in this situation.
This is not the breeders fault, anymore than it is our fault as a community
to live next to a person like this and not be aware of the problems. Pointing
fingers gives short lived satisfaction, the problem still has to be dealt
with.

I think we are getting away from the real issue here. A person who has
conned many and currently owns GSD's who are in deplorable conditions, many of
which most likely will need to be rescued. Let's focus on finding a solution
to this problem. It is not about "us" all the time.

JMO

Ileana

In a message dated 1/31/2006 2:19:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Before I close I would like to address some of the more "sanctimonious"
Listers .Keep in mind that some of the most flagrant dog abusers are on
the
showgsd-list.

Janbraeloch@xxxxxxx writes:
I do take serious offense to this statement. This list has a large
membership and you would be very hard put to hang such a label on most of
us.

I am always offended by such generalities as those above, as stated by you.
Why should it be necessary to verbally slap all of us in the face when your

statement MAY apply to a very few, if any.

I am not so much doubting that, in such a large group ,there may very well
be people who have committed acts that they should not be proud of. I ,
however strongly object to your comments applied to this list as a whole.
Speak
to the individuals that meet your criteria and please refrain from assuming
that we all need to listen to this tirade.

Jan

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

             GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

  ?Do your little bit of good where you are; it?s those little bits of good put
together that overwhelm the world.?  Archbishop Desmond Tutu