[ SHOWGSD-L ] ownership problem

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:34:25 -0400 (EDT)

Easy answer.  All owners and all co-owners are liable for  damages.  Each
state has different laws. In California there is no defense.  The owners and
co-owners are liable for any damages.

When I went to law school the law was that the dog got one free bite, then
was considered dangerous.  That changed between my last class and the bar
examine.  Yes, it was on the exam, and yes, I got it right.

Some states still give the dog one free bite.  I do think that is a  nice
thing to do for the doggy.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 6/24/13 8:00:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rockstarshepherds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Since  they are
still legally on the papers as owners and I'm
down as a co  owner  if something happens example  he attacks a dog   he
attacks a kid etc.  are they liable for damages  also.