[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new question to question

  • From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  • To: denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:49:26 EDT

We haven't bred a litter in four years. I wonder if there are certain
breeders in your area who still have 2 or more litters per year? In our area,
there
is often a glut of available pet puppies flooding the market at the  same
time. In the past few years I wonder how these folks are finding homes for  all
these babies. I don't know if they have price wars like the gas stations  used
to do, but I do know some local breeders are highly offended when  buyers go
to the lower priced pets from competing breeders. In today's economy  it seems
there are some who will lower their prices, and some who stand firm. I  wonder
if some have, or will cut back on breeding when they cannot find homes  for
all the pups. Our local club has a breeder referral list of available pups  at
all times. I am sure if I called the breeders on our list, there would  be
everything from $300.00 pet pups to $1000.00 pet pups within five  miles of
each
other. It must be hard when there are several breeders, plus  backyard
breeders, and mills all competing for the same buyers.

  Marcia in Missouri

_Black  Oaks_ (http://www.geocities.com/blackoaksgsd/Homepage.html)