[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: natural disasters

  • From: MidniteGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: dir@xxxxxxxxxx, texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 02:05:18 EST

We have thought about this at length. Recently, we moved from Alaska to
Mississippi. Now we need to be prepared for the occasional hurricane warning.
Going back and forth from motor home to trailer I think we have decided on
something like a toy hauler trailer which is a trailer that has a garage. We
have
a large conversion van, plus a mini van. Our dogs can ride with us. If we  are
unfortunate enough to be caught with a litter of puppies we can  reconfigure
and put some of the dogs in the trailer while we ride out of harms  way. We
can leave a trailer in ready mode and also have a place for us to sleep  on the
road if we can't get north to another friend with a kennel or to my  sister's
in Houston. That's our plan. My husband says he will not leave the dogs
behind. If an emergency came up and for some reason we couldn't get the animals

out..he'd stay and I am to leave and take my parents out of harms way. We live
in the country now, we have even secured big generators for the house and
kennel  so when the power goes...there is still a/c that automatically kicks
on..
we  installed a huge propane tank to run all this stuff just in case.. I hope
we  have thought about everything and don't have to test it out anytime soon!

Brenda Banister
_www.midnightsunshepherd.com_ (http://www.midnightsunshepherd.com)

Awards. Go to AOL Music.