[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: nationals and ike

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:07:57 -0700 (PDT)

I don't need the personal attack and quite frankly, that's why I don't usually
post to the list.  I used to post a lot, but was tired of being virtually
stabbed by members that didn't like what I had to say.  I seem to remember my
mother always teaching me "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything
at all."  If you read a later post, you would understand that I'm not
discounting the life loss or destruction that this hurricane will cause and I
feel for all that will be involved.  I was just curious because I'm a newbie to
the breed and didn't know if the club ever made back up plans.  My apologies if
my post was worded incorrectly.

I do believe this is the last time I will ever post something to this list.
I'll stick to asking questions to the people that I know personally and won't
take the things I say out of context.

Once again, for those affected by this tragedy, you are in my thoughts and I
hope the best for you all.  Please be as safe as possible.

Christina Klahn
Illusion GSDs
ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx

--- On Fri, 9/12/08, genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] nationals and ike
To: "german shepherd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 12, 2008, 3:37 PM

I am sorry but that is one of the most selfish questions that I have ever heard.
 You are worried about a dog show?  What about the people who are right in the
path of Ike and what is going to happen to them and their houses and everything
that they own.  That question remends me of the woman back in 2005 who drove
from New York to New Orleans right after Katrina hit and was mad because when
she got there there were no shows. Would you not think that if you were driving
somewhere and there was no power and you could not buy food or gasoline would
you not suspect there was some kind of problem and would you not turn back or
make a phone call and try to find something out.  The letter that the woman
wrote was actually printed in the Review.  I remember Lee Brown having a letter
written to her telling her that he was very sorry that there were no dog shows
that weekend and that he was sure that there would be more shows that would have
judges that were good for her dog!  I do not usua
lly respond in a negative way publicly like this but that question has really
made me angry.

Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises,  Tortoise Rescue

From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
> Just curious, what happens if Ike trashes Beaumont this weekend?  Will we
still
> have our Nationals this year?
>
> Christina Klahn
> Illusion's GSDs
> ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx

POST is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the
original
kind
> are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

MANNER
> OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL