[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: my input on coats--especially to Evan--

  • From: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:34:49 -0400 (EDT)

Evan--
I am sorry-I love ya and appreciate all your input-and you are certainly
intelligent and have produced some great dogs--BUT HERE YOU ARE WRONG !!
.First of all--as someone else said-the FAULTS you mentioned are CERTAINLY
NOT something I would knowingly breed to to IMPROVE my lines--nor would
anyone  else here who has a brain--those are "BAD" faults--
WHAT IS WRONG WITH A COAT????:?  As many have said--MOST coats are the
nicest ones in the litter-great heads, pigment, certainly temperment, movement,
 structure--etc etc--all that is "wrong" is that they have too much
hair--SO  WHAT?????
HOW MANY OF US--ME INCLUDED-- have bred a coat to IMPROVE our
stuff--improve temperment, structure, and of course COAT.  Everyone knows  if
you breed
a coat to a dog who does NOT produce coat--you will NOT get coated
puppies--BUT you may get puppies that are nicer than either parent--and
probably
have the gorgeous plushy coats that we all strive for. Look at the Covy
Tucker Hill lines if you dont believe me--they used many coated dogs in their
breeding program and everyone knows how PLUSHY most all of their dogs have
been.  And beautiful--and all the other requirements for making their MANY
MANY Champions they have produced..
Guess what folks--I have a coat--she is pregnant right now and when she is
back in condition after the litter--I WILL SHOW HER-cause she is not only
pretty  but she is a gorgeous mover and I will be PROUD to put her in the
ring.

SO THERE !!!  She is on my website --her name is Candy--and if you go  to
her page and clik on one of the links below, you can see her move as a puppy
when I first got her. (with NO TRAINING at all--she just MOVES.)

Cheri  Hunt
CHERADON SHEPHERDS
Home of some of the most gorgeous German Shepherds  in the World !
_Cheradon Shepherds  Home Page_ (http://www.cheradonshepherds.com/)

In a message dated 6/19/2012 11:57:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 6/19/2012 6:46:09 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Personally I would like to have someone,  anyone give me a single  valid
reason NOT to do this.

How is  this.  If the coats can't win in normal competition,  you   don't
dumb down the class to make sure they win.  If you want  everything to
win,
have classes for everything.

A locked hock  should not win. So, let's have a class for locked  hocks.

A bad  bite should not win. So, let's have a class for bad bites.

Faded  pigment should not win, so let's have a class for faded   pigment.

Dogs bad going away should not win. So, let's have a class  just for dogs
that are bad going away.

It will encourage a  lot more people to show, allow them to bring out dogs
that would not  be shown. It will increase the entries and make more money
for  the  club.

Don't dumb down the standard just to make a winner.

On the  other hand, if it makes someone happy, I am all for it.

Evan  L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament  come  together

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.