[ SHOWGSD-L ] mutts

  • From: all4moriah@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:29:37 EST

I can see the ads in the papers now. Bulldog/ Chihuahua mix puppies. Will
be great agility and obedience dogs. $800.  or Cockapoos, repeat breeding,
brothers and sisters have AKC Obedience titles. $1000.

Most show sites are not situated in the best part of any town. So
spectators come to the shows with their pit bull in hand. How do we know if it
is
entered or not or if it's some of the typical North Rapid scum looking for
buyers for their puppies?

As for people that chain a dog to a tree. They didn't care about their dog
enough to bring it in. Why would anyone think they will spend the time and
money  to show it?

As I read the article. Clubs don't have the option to allow mutts. They
must allow them.

Why is it if the vet says their dog is not healthy enough to be  spayed or
neutered is it healthy enough to compete. Why must they be registered
before the 6 month mark? Are they going to register litters?

If we thought dog theft was a problem before, Just think of what it will
be. Raising the value of mutts and lowering the value of Purebreds.

If AKC gave mixed breeds a class and title of their own, would be fine. I
like Mutts for US, and maybe P. P (Pet Pal) instead of CD.

I still don't like the idea of them a our All Breed Dog shows. Specialties
are safe. They only allow one breed.

As far as being stuck up. Darn Straight! I got a Pure bred so I could say
"My dogs Better than yours". Why because I can show it in breed or
obedience.

Tell me what the incentive is? Lets see. People will see the money to be
made selling mutts. So I buy 10 mutts. I show a couple and breed the rest to
have puppies to sell. Get the picture?

Judi