[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: movement pics

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:08:15 -0700

YEP!!!    But by the same token you can get a GREAT shot of split second timing
on an
average mover that is up and driving and reaching and give the "appearance" of
greatness.  <G>
Not a lot different than the "illusion"  that we often see in the ring with the
tight leads holding up
a pulling dog that is intensely doubled.    Is  THAT a true picture......or an
illusion?    We've
all seen a dog that is not happy,  or not doubled,  or with a different handler
that chokes them
up  appear to have no movement.........   Some dogs pull so hard at first they
destroy themselves
until they settle in.    Still an illusion....but still what you are evaluating
for that moment in time.

......you still can learn to catch that particular fault and "discuss" what we
do see and why it
is a fault.   IT is STILL 'lifting' in that shot you are evaluating.
If we want only perfect shots of only perfect dogs in perfect split second
stride......we will
never see the fault to discuss in any still photo.     <G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx