[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: missing "dog trainer to the stars"

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:20:09 -0500

Just got this:

from the Anacortes news (Washington state)......"Dateline" is scheduled to
air a two-hour segment Friday about Anacortes dog trainer Mark Stover and
Michiel Oakes, the man convicted of murdering him.      "The Man Who Talked
to Dogs" should air 9-11 p.m. on King 5 TV.    Oakes, 42, of Kennewick, was
convicted on Oct. 22 of first-degree premeditated murder after a three-week
trial and a week of jury deliberation in Skagit County Superior Court.
Stover disappeared Oct. 28, 2009, and his body has never been found.
Oakes claimed in court that he killed Stover in self-defense, then panicked
and ditched the body because he thought police wouldn't believe him.

The story could be postponed if major breaking news happens between now and
scheduled air time on Friday. (that's today)