[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: missing "dog trainer to the stars"

  • From: CDRHVN@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:54:59 EST

I knew Ted Mark Stover. Us around here at that time  called him Mark. He
bought a puppy from me years ago and sold it to some people  in Alaska  who
had a boy who was mentally handicapped and would wonder off  into the woods.
Mark trained  the dog to keep the boy on the property. Good  job for a
Shepherd. From what I have been told his ex-wife's family is the  owners of
St.Michelle winery here in Washington. They own a small island  here in the
Puget
Sound and that is where he did his dog training business. The  ex-wife's boy
friend, who was convicted, was her bodyguard.  They  found blood in Mark's
house and his personal protection dog was shot but  survived.  Interesting
story. You can Google it.   Brenda  Piele

 it pretty clear that
Stover's ex wife and her father paid Oakes  to do it...mostly I was
reading,
and just half-listening. Stover was  "trainer to the stars" because he
trained a couple of dogs for some  celebrities...but neither Stover nor
Oakes
would be well known to dog show  folks, it turns out.
Peggy