[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: memorial

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:35:20 -0500

I was thinking that, Helen.
    I think recognition and the moment of silence at the National is one
of the most touching things -- while I have never been one to attend
every year, the years I have gone have all included a mention of someone
(or more than one) I knew and thought well of...I'm sure I'm not the
only one.  Not all breeds do this, altho many have some kind of memorial
for individuals..to my way of thinking, the part of the National that
celebrates departed friends is one of the things that helps keep the
Shepherd fancy together.   Friends and enemies are as one at that
time...and Bart does a beautiful job reading the list, too.
    Of course, memorial pages in the Review are good, too...but that
part of the National is wonderful, and not limited to the famous, either!
Peggy M