[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: majors / not showing dogs / long

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:59:50 -0700

Sorry, I disagree, Sheila.
I did my share in "supporting the winners". My boy was not shown until he
was 1 1/2 years old because of pano. Then we went out with gusto trying to
get some points. Not so, he was not ready, he was simply not mature enough.
That did not sink in for a while with me and I kept on showing him losing
money at every turn. There were a lot of dogs that benefited from that.
It's fine to support the others, however, all this comes out of your pocket
book and hurts after a while.
I will not make the same mistake with my bitch. This time she will not be
shown until she is ready. It's not only the disappointment you are dealing
with, it's your money, too.