[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: majors / not showing dogs / long

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:18:29 -0400

At times Sheila you can be pleasantly surprised by a nice win on a
youngster.
I'll never forget GVX Katie going WB & BOS over Selects in the ring that day
from the 9-12 class..............Thanks Edie Trocki!! And hey she did Edie
proud going on to be a US Grand Victrix and breed winner at the
National.......

When i judge the winners class............ages don't come into my decision
making process at that time, the one that comes closest to the standard does
and if thats a 6 month old puppy then so be it. We aren't judging ages or
the future, we are judging on that day and comparing the animals to our
blueprint (the standard).
I have heard judges say they won't put up a puppy because they might fall
apart. Well that's their perogative and i respect them, but i feel it's not
my job that day in the ring to be trying to look into a crystal ball on the
future.............and Open or Am Bred animal could drop dead the next day
at the young age of 2 or 3 god forbid.........and then what.
So it isn't my duty to look at the future.
I say if you have a nice youngster get them out a little and have a good
time with them, the results might be very pleasing all the way around.

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com