[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: longevity

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, shereemosesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:33:46 -0400 (EDT)

ABSOLUTELY!  And the dogs are the canaries in the coal mine....

Prior land use was something I thoroughly researched before buying  BTW.
Ground used for farming...fertilizer and pesticide residue in the  ground
and/or in well water and/or run-off from NEARBY farms/orchards (I have
none)....

I may be over the top of this but I also google landfills to see if there
are any near "my" farm markets after learning of a farm (with the usual
stand)  right next door to a toxic landfill one county over....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 8/21/2014 1:05:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've  often wondered if well water has anything to do with some of the
digestive  problems we are seeing in the Breed...

Several years ago, we bought  a new house that was built on old farm
land.  Periodically, we would  get red clay dirt in the water.  Two of
our dogs died of problems  related to the gall bladder and pancreas.  I
was afflicted with the  same problems myself.

I've always wondered if the our ground water was  contaminated with the
fertilizers that were used on the property year  after year. Could this
have caused the digestive problems in the dogs and  myself?

At one time, I was interested in conducting a survey regarding  dogs on
well water.  I'm not an environmental engineer, but we do  have one in
the family.  Does anyone think that the well water thing  is worth
exploring?

--
Paulette McGuirt
Allemande  Shepherds

On 8/21/2014 11:43 AM, Sheree Moses wrote:
> Well, we may be  on to something.  The kibble I use is Salmon-based,
mixed w/yogurt, eggs  and some meat.  We feed a lot of raw.   And after puppy
shots  and a booster, I rarely vaccinate dogs that live at home.  We did
vaccinate for canine influenza, and we do kennel cough vaccine when a dog
starts out to shows.  But overall, not much.  Any volunteers to set  up the
questionnaire?

POST  is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

http://showgsd.org/mail.html