[ SHOWGSD-L ] list of names

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 19:21:46 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 3/19/2014 3:22:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

However, your point to check with an attorney is spot  on.

Please, no attorneys.  The last thing anyone needs to do  is sue over dogs.
 They are our great friends, wonderful companions, and a  short but
important part of our lives. The Parent club is the same way. No  litigation,
just
some understanding and tolerance for mistakes.

I remember years ago when at a board meeting it was suggested  I be put on
the nominating committee.  One of the board members stated that  the check
for my dues had bounced, and so I should not have that honor.  A  friend on
mine on the board called me to ask about it. I said I had no idea, it  would
be unlikely, but anything could happen.

The member who accused me called me back the next day to  apologize and
wanted to be sure I wouldn't sue him for slander.  I laughed,  and said, I have
had a lot worse said about me, and don't worry about  it.

We just had our President stand up for us and explain why he  was doing so.
He wrote a great letter in the Review to explain the situation  with the
WDA.

There was a decision to try to bring members back who had not  renewed by
listing the names in the Review.

Was that a great idea, (the membership list), maybe not. But,  like the
explanation about the WDA, it was meant to help the club, not cause  hurt
feelings.

Let's support our club, our board and our breed. Laugh at the  mistakes,
and find a way to help.

And, oh yes, it is now time to send a few bucks into the  Youth Recognition
Fund.

Evan L. Ginsburg

http://showgsd.org/mail.html