[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: itchy itchy dog

  • From: "Bonnie Dinsmore" <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vhvgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:14:12 -0500

Donna,
I use Nutro Ultra holistic adult.  This food has the highest amount of
linoleic acids, and has fish, sunflower oil-I never need to add extra oil to
the food, and it may help you since it contains no wheat or corn (or
beef)-of which many dogs have an itchy reaction to.  If you try the food(or
any other food,) I'd give her some plain, natural (or vanilla) yogurt.  This
will help settle her stomach, and is not harmful while in whelp.  It also
gives her a safe calcium source.  If you do go back to Eukanuba, do not use
Large Breed-It's not good for pregnant or nursing bitches.  Says so right on
the bag.  Good Luck!  If you need more help, please email me.  I would also
add a small amt. of a high quality canned food at this time.
Bonnie Dinsmore
Von Adlerhof German Shepherds