[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: in the real world

  • From: "glenwood" <glenwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Danannkennel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:41:15 -0500

I am at a loss to figure out how a club with a low
treasury gets the nod for the Futurity.  We have always
had to submit a bank statement with the Application.
Seems to me we were being screened so we would not
embarrass any one by not being able to pay for trophies
or Judges expense.   Perhaps that was not the reason,
but inquiring minds want to know.

For those stuck for Trophies and no sponsor, consider
what we did. WE called every one close in the region
and asked for a trophy pledge.  We sold them all out
and only one failed to pay.  (licensed Judge, I add)
Call everyone you have to and get classes or
individuals.  The last futurities we held, two club
members twisted arms at the National and sold out.  The
few that backed out were replaced by personal calls and
some clubs who are just flat late in responding.

Seems if you know what you have to do and accept the
terms, you do what you have to do to sell the trophies
or eat them yourselves.  Life is not fair, but we do
what we agree to.  Does the fact that Purina shells out
10k and folks have to go beg for the trophy money sound
fair and correct?

Why do we have to cheapen up the trophies?   The PC
does not pay for them anyway. Wonder if they mark up
the trophies they sell the clubs also?? Anyone know?
The local trophy shop drooled at the possibility of
producing the trophies for the price we pay.

How does Kathaleen find out all of this stuff not
commonly known?

Back to lurking.

From Sunny S. Florida
Sue and Glenn Sherwood