[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: hunte, dodge and more

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Karen C." <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:03:34 -0800 (PST)

Thank you all for reading what I feel I had to say.

  We all know who 'the handler' that is involved with getting Dallas to Hunte.
He can finish a 3 legged fish in the Shepherd ring.  But I have seen him loose
too.

  No one person should ever be given this much power in our breed again. All
breed judges seem to put up this handler out of fear of never having a decent
entry again.

  We should do our best to give balanced power to everyone who is concerned
with the health, welfare, and future of our breed.  No matter how big or small
their kennel, each dog should be judged, never the handler, and each breeder
should re-read the standard before looking at his/her own litters.  I made a
point of looking at the Standard prior to the whelping of my litter.

  I welcome the opinions of others about my puppies, as soon as they can be
seen.  But the opinion I care most about it how they compare to the Standard.
And if they never earn points or finish, but they meet the standard, I will be
glad for my efforts.

  One of the signatures here is about doing the right thing, even when it is
not popular.  What is right is right.
  Sheila
"Karen C." <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:04:15 -0800 (PST), Sheila Lieberman
wrote:

>So it is not how many dogs, or how much money, it is why
>so many dogs, where so much money is coming from.

All I can say to you is AMEN SISTER!!! :)

KMC

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training