[ SHOWGSD-L ] from another lsit

  • From: GretchAnya@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:01:42 EDT

From: wiliam hemby <_whemby@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:whemby@xxxxxxxxx) >
> Date:  April 27, 2007 4:29:31 PM PDT
>
> Please forward to  everyone.
>
> Thanks Bill Hemby

Great News! The  Pet Political Action Committee (PetPAC) is up and running.
So, who are we,  what do
we plan to do, and how will we do it?
1) We are YOU.  PetPAC will represent the dog fancy (AKC and other purebred
dog fancy) Cal Dog  Federation, if they agree to join with us) CDOGS, if they
also decide, local and  regional purebred dog clubs, working dog groups, (K9,
Narcotic, Bomb, Farm,  Hunting, Herding,Coursing, Agility, Good Citizen,
Service,
etc.), Mixed breed  owners, individual dog owners; The cat fancy, when they
officially come on  board, The Cat Fanciers' Association, The International Cat
Association, when  they are ready, individual cat clubs
in California, individual cat owners and  anyone else who refuses to give up
their pet ownership rights,
their privacy  and give in to government intervention and control.
I am Bill Hemby,  contracted as the Director of Political Affairs for the
California Organization  of
Police and Sheriffs, COPS, and Kelley Moran, (Moran and Associates), a
political action firm specializing
in campaigns, elections, political  information and anything politics.
We both have represented COPS for years,  Kelley for 10, me for 30. Both of
us are ardent dog lovers,
Kelley with two  German Shepherds, me with 7 Borzoi and now 2 rescue Afghans,
1 cat and 2 horses.  Dog
handler, dog club officer, legislative liaison from Borzoi Club of  America,
legislative advocate for 25
years, one of the creators of COPS, one  of the worker bees for RDOGS, etc,
etc.
PetPAC has hired a political action  law firm to assist in putting everything
in place. We have hired  an
accounting firm to oversee any $$$ donated.
2) What do we do? First of all we raise money, and lots of it. If we  do not
raise dollars, the rest will fail. We represent your interests, We  talk with
legislators, we present the real facts, the statistics, and the  economic
realities of life. WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE ON AB1634, PERIOD, END OF  DISCUSSION,
we
raise money; we advise how to get the best political  advantage for the bucks,
we attend with your representatives political fund  raisers, we talk with
legislators, we raise money, we set up grass  roots campaigns, we run full
blown
political campaigns, we blanket  districts with volunteers, we get OUR message
out to the dog and cat owning  public, and the press, we raise money, we talk
with legislators, get the  picture?
3) How do we do this; We start by putting together a Board of  Advisors, that
will be those of you who are
interested in helping. We start  by attending fund raisers and donating $$ to
the leadership in both
political  parties, we donate to movers and shakers in the legislature, we
donate to the  Governor. We, with
your help, do a public information campaign, we put you on  talk shows,
television, radio, internet, chat
rooms, blogs, signal fires if  necessary.
We develop and distribute information to the dog loving public. We  slowly
change the animal speak from
animal rights zealots to our side.  "breeder advocates", dog and cat rescue.
Not spay and neuter,
but castration  and ovariohysterectomy or something shorter. Get the picture?
We start a  campaign now, to
be involved in next year's elections, we endorse candidates,  we work to
elect our candidates, we put up
our candidates, we work to defeat  candidates, we select one district and
"take out" someone definitely
opposed  to us. and a host of other politically oriented programs. In the
short term we  defeat AB1634, in the long term we defeat those animal rights
crazies who are  bent on our destruction and work with those more logical, open
and  sympathetic. We remain open to changing as situations present themselves.
we are not cast in concrete, but we are determined, capable, legal and
ethical.
I have spoken with a lot of you in the past few days. What I  have put down
here is the overwhelming
consensus that has been given to me  from all sides. If you still believe in
this approach and if you  still
believe in me, then lets get the job done. Please join with me and my
partners and go in the same direction.
Now, the practical stuff:  Donations to a PAC must be voluntary. We cannot
force anyone to donate or set  up
conditions that force you to donate. You either believe in this approach,  or
not. We will have to collect your name, address, and telephone  number
usually on your checks. This is required by the Fair Political  Practices
Commission. This is to prove your donation is voluntary if they  ask. Your name
and
information is not turned over to anyone. You do not go on a  "fund raising"
list.
For our data base we want your email address-makes it  easier and faster to
communicate.
Write your checks or money  orders to: PetPAC, P.O. Box 1019, Sacramento, CA
95812. Tell your friends  to
write their checks to: PetPAC, P.O.Box 1019, Sacramento, CA 95814. If  you
have any reservations
email me at _whemby@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:whemby@xxxxxxxxx)
I thank you for  all your hard and diligent work. I am very confident we can
defeat AB1634  and go on to
create one of the state's most powerful lobby. So, the ball  is in your court.
Bill Hemby