[ SHOWGSD-L ] from a beagle breeding friend of mine...

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:53:26 -0500

One of her dogs is Uno's grandsire...(one of them, anyway)...she sent me
this just a few minutes ago....

Last night, between when I walked in the door from work and dinner, we got 2
phone calls from people wanting pet beagle puppies.  I am seriously
concerned that the mills and hunters and BYB's will capitalize on this
beagle mania to sell more puppies.  They are NOT the dog for everyone,
including those in apartments, without fenced yards, etc.  Even if the
responsible breeders carefully screen homes, the money grabbing mills will
sell to anyone with the $$$.  Beagle rescue is already like emptying the
ocean with a teaspoon...no way to place the hunting dogs and rejected pets
already.  :-(

The way the AR folks are going, it isn't going to matter soon...the
responsible breeders will be legislated out of existence, and only the mills
will qualify to produce litters :-(

Peggy