[ SHOWGSD-L ] feeding raw

  • From: Julie Degen <ejdegen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:29:10 -0400

I've fed 100% raw.? I've cooked for the dogs.? I've fed many different kinds of
kibbles.? It all works for some dogs!?
I loved doing the?raw but I do find it to be a bit of a pain when traveling and
even at home it?takes "prior planning".? Kibble is DEFINITELY "easier" than raw
or cooking.? Now I feed a combination, some raw, some kibble (I'm feeding
Orijen right now and I *love* it as kibbles go).?

What I find "funny" is that my one dog that was raised on raw from a baby,
doesn't really like it.? He prefers his food COOKED, thank you very much :-)

My one dog that did NOT do good on raw was one that had EPI.? She's no longer
with us, but I tried EVERYTHING with her.? She did awful with raw but we
finally discovered that a combination of cooking & kibble (with a lot of very
expensive enzymes added!) was the best for her.?

As for my current dogs...my BC can't eat a few if the "grain free" kibbles (tho
he does great on Orijen).? My current GSDs?have no issues with food (thank
doG!).? I think Cassie would eat dirt and?do well if I put it in a bowl and
told her it was her dinner!?

Julie Degen
www.caissonkennels.com
GSD "Cassie" PAM CH Carousel Farms Caisson VCD1 MX MXJ OF AXP AJP NFP HSAs RN
CD TD TC OFA
GSD "Yankee" CH Caisson's Unconditional Surrender AX AXJ XF HSAs OFA
BC "Radar" HC BTO Masquerade MX MXJ XF HXAs HXBs CD OFA