[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: did u know ? water hose ?

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stoneshep2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:49:03 EDT

You're right, Lisa.  RV stores sell special hoses for filling the  drinking
water
tanks.  If you're using a regular hose for your dogs, it needs to run  for at
least five minutes before you put water in the dog's buckets.  There  was
a report on hoses on some show a couple of years ago - I can't  remember
where I saw it, but when I use a hose, first I use it to water the  flowers,
clean out dirty dog dishes, soak the tomatoes, etc, before washing  out
the buckets and refilling them.

I prefer to just fill them at the tap, but there isn't always time  with
nine of them!

Janice

In a message dated 8/17/2007 6:37:10 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
Stoneshep2@xxxxxxx writes:
did you  know that a regular garden hose is not to be used as a drinking
hose. It contains lead. The longer the water sets in the hose, the higher
the
lead count per million goes up-- dont know the exact number, but  it is way
up
there. A few weeks ago, I bought a hose from Sams Club,  nothing on the front
of
the label about not a drinking  hose, I  got it home took of the card board
wrapper, and on the back, not to  be used for drinking.
Now you tell me how many people know  this??

I have about 200 feet of hose that I use to water  the dogs and to fill up
our motor home. I have been using a regular  hose forever.
Now I guess I have to go to a trailer place to get 200  ft  of drinking hose

just some info i thought i would  share
lisa w
_www.stoneridgeshepherds.us_  (http://www.stoneridgeshepherds.us)

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."