[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: declining entrees/ other breed

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: myjoygs@xxxxxxx, rautt75@xxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:03:48 -0400 (EDT)

I had the opposite experience and might as well brag.

This past Saturday at Delaware County Kennel Club  in York PA, my namesake,
Budon's  Kathy's Choice Of Windamir finished with his FOURTH major.

KC was bred by  Donna & Bud Turner and Sharon Morgan.  When the litter was
born I  am told I nagged Donna that she couldn't let the red boy go <G> and
she  asked did I want to co-own him. Donna handles KC herself and he won
every  point, starting w/ a 5 point major the weekend of their National
Specialty at  just 6 months (just!!!!) from the Bred By Exhibitor class.  KC is
now
ten  months old.

I have been warmly  welcomed by the GP people, and now I'll stay for 2
Groups <G>.  I  really can recommend the GP people.  Lovely!  They work
together,  build majors, support each other...whole lot of hugging going on and
sincere  joy.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 3/20/2014 11:46:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
myjoygs@xxxxxxx writes:

I  recently went thru this in another breed that I was acquiring.  I was
the  newbie this time I was the outsider and let me tell you there were no
fuzzy,  warm friendliness.  There was one that explaind things etc. but she
sort  of already new who I was.  My experience made me stop and reflect on how
I interact with newbies at the shows.  I try to be friendly and if I have
to abruptly leave to groom or my dog is going in the ring i try to apologize
 and let them know.  I am not saying I am perfect at this but my
experience with the other breed has really made me aware and to be more
responsible
for my demeanor with newbies at shows.

It all goes  back to "incourage, not discourage" trust me it does make a
difference.

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce  Willis