[ SHOWGSD-L ] "cradle cap" type skin spot on puppy

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:17:21 -0500

Hello all,
I have a gorgeous litter of pups--4 girls, born on Jan 3rd. I have already
bragged about them here-father is my Ch. Mikey (info and website below) and mom
is my Callie (Braespruce California Dreamin) whom I co-own with her breeder, my
friend, Jan Stevenson.
I have 2 sables and 2 black and tans.? They are BIG pups-healthy and
progressing normally-their eyes are starting to open, and they are gaining
weight--and the sable girl I am writing about is right now the biggest one in
the litter.? I weighed them last night-2 of them are FOUR pounds, 1 is 3? 3/4
lbs and the smallest (who is NOT small) is 3? 1/4 lbs.
the big sable girl has for the past several days had a spot on her back where
there is like a flaky or scabby spot--only thing I can liken it to is like
cradle cap on a human baby.? It does NOT bother her--or her mom--the hair is
normal looking-but there is almost like a crusty dandruff or something on the
skin there.? Very hard to describe.? I remember seeing this before on a
puppy--and it cleared up by itself and went away, with no lasting effects or
anything.
I did put some baby oil on it last night, I am at work now so will see when I
get home, but i thought I would ask the knowledge here on the list to see if
anyone knows what the heck this is and why it is there and if I should do
anything about it????
I DO NOT HAVE FLEAS--so before you all say it is from them--those horrible
creatures are NOT in my house.? NO FLEAS ON PUPS.
THANKS for the info,
Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes Cert. &
GSDCA Certificate of Health Merit Excellent (aka Ch. Mikey) Ch. Mikey

http://webmail.aol.com