[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: conference calls & board meetings

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 22:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

I just read the minutes on the website and while there was a phone meeting in
April obviously it was short and very limited in content. My guess is that the
normal board weekend is much more productive.

I have been on conference calls and found them best for small groups and
limited content. I found myself having a hard time figuring out who was talking
when. It also made it hard when some of people called from their car, others
were doing chores, or distracted in various ways. I don't know about this April
meeting, but those were my experiences with several clubs.
It helped with video conferencing as you could see the people and they
concentrated better.

Ruth.