[ SHOWGSD-L ] complete????

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 08:40:38 -0500 (EST)

So this is cute; ran over to mom & dad's the day after Christmas,
everything was quiet, planned on getting a little work done and I brought one
of
the younger boys along.

You should understand than my parents have always been involved in whatever
 my bother, sister and I, and now my nephew, have done, very  interested,
supportive parents and grandparents. Likewise my brother and  sister and I
have been supportive of whatever the other was interest  in. This has included
show horses, 3 day horses, race horses, dogs and cats  of all kinds (dad,
who didn't grow up with a pet, EVER, is in charge when my  sister travels of
3 horses, a dog, 1 inside cat and 4 feral cats).  It has  included cars,
show cars, even more cars.  It has included ballet, skiing,  more skiing,
soccer, field hockey, even more skiing, snowboarding and  now gymnastics
(nephew).  It has included hot (HOT!) dusty horse shows,  early morning gallops
in
freezing rain, bitter cold on the slopes of VT and a  whole lot of hours
sitting on  those God awful metal  gymnasium bleachers trying to figure out the
latest recording gadget and  uploading videos to I-pads.  I'm probably
forgetting 1/2 of it  but you get the idea, wherever anyone's interest lie in
our
family we are all,  each and every one of us, ALL in. (Am I blessed or
what????)

Of course each interest has it's own jargon and they try, they really do
try but sometimes it's funny.

So I'm over there w/ one of the youngsters and Mom and I decide to take a
late afternoon walk around a couple of blocks with the dog.  Dad was
playing w/ the dog and he asked "Is he complete?".  Complete?  As in  whole?
Intact?  Anyway, that's where I went and I answered "yes".  "So you won't show
him anymore?  Seems a shame."   OHHHHHHHH...dad meant finished.  (And yes,
he's done). "Yes", I said, "I'll  special him a bit once he matures".  "What
do you mean once he matures?"  mom piped up. "I knew he was special when I
first saw him at 3 weeks".

Mom is not particularly a good loser.  I had checked in driving  home from
an out of state show, long drive and mom picked up I was  disappointed.  It
was a good shot, I honestly don't know what happened, but  in the way of dog
shows, win some lose some.  We didn't just lose though,  we lost
spectacularly; the order the class went in the ring, that's the  order they
came out,
never even got a look.  It was a loooonnnggg ride for  that. Mom remembered
the judge (who is probably the same age as my  parents).  Mom quipped "time
for him to retire, our eyes aren't always what  they used to be, good thing
I wasn't there or I would have made the suggestion  myself".

 I'm thinking it was a good thing she wasn't there too  <G>.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions