[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: complete????

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 09:06:23 -0500 (EST)

love it!  your parents deserve an Oscar....<G>

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
DEXTER, aka BISS 3x Sel EX AM CH & 2x Sel  CAN CH Karizma's Cacique of
Inquest TC, DM normal
JACKIE, aka Kaleef's  Expensive Date, HT (major pointed)
and the Poodle Patrol, Bunny, Huckleberry  and Doc Holliday

In a message dated 1/9/2012 8:41:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

So this  is cute; ran over to mom & dad's the day after Christmas,
everything was quiet, planned on getting a little work done and I brought
one of
the younger boys along.

You should understand than my  parents have always been involved in
whatever
my bother, sister and I, and  now my nephew, have done, very  interested,
supportive parents and  grandparents. Likewise my brother and  sister and I
have been  supportive of whatever the other was interest  in. This has
included
show horses, 3 day horses, race horses, dogs and cats  of all kinds  (dad,
who didn't grow up with a pet, EVER, is in charge when my   sister travels
of
3 horses, a dog, 1 inside cat and 4 feral cats).   It has  included cars,
show cars, even more cars.  It has  included ballet, skiing,  more skiing,
soccer, field hockey, even  more skiing, snowboarding and  now gymnastics
(nephew).  It has  included hot (HOT!) dusty horse shows,  early morning
gallops in
freezing rain, bitter cold on the slopes of VT and a  whole lot of  hours
sitting on  those God awful metal  gymnasium bleachers  trying to figure
out the
latest recording gadget and  uploading  videos to I-pads.  I'm probably
forgetting 1/2 of it  but you  get the idea, wherever anyone's interest lie
in our
family we are  all,  each and every one of us, ALL in. (Am I blessed or
what????)

Of course each interest has it's own jargon and they try,  they really do
try but sometimes it's funny.

So I'm  over there w/ one of the youngsters and Mom and I decide to take a

late afternoon walk around a couple of blocks with the dog.  Dad  was
playing w/ the dog and he asked "Is he complete?".   Complete?  As in
whole?
Intact?  Anyway, that's  where I went and I answered "yes".  "So you won't
show
him  anymore?  Seems a shame."   OHHHHHHHH...dad meant  finished.  (And
yes,
he's done). "Yes", I said, "I'll  special  him a bit once he matures".
"What
do you mean once he  matures?"  mom piped up. "I knew he was special when I
first saw him  at 3 weeks".

Mom is not particularly a good loser.  I had  checked in driving  home from
an out of state show, long drive and  mom picked up I was  disappointed.
It
was a good shot, I  honestly don't know what happened, but  in the way of
dog
shows, win  some lose some.  We didn't just lose though,  we lost
spectacularly; the order the class went in the ring, that's the   order
they came out,
never even got a look.  It was a loooonnnggg  ride for  that. Mom
remembered
the judge (who is probably the same  age as my  parents).  Mom quipped
"time
for him to retire, our  eyes aren't always what  they used to be, good
thing
I wasn't there  or I would have made the suggestion  myself".

I'm thinking it was  a good thing she wasn't there too  <G>.

Kathy, member  GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions
visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_  (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.